Whole Foods Market, 4430 40th St (entrance off Wisconsin Ave)
sponsored by Circle Management Company
Whole Food’s outdoor patio transforms into a stage for martial artists, circus performers, and modern dance. Enjoy the performances while you sample wines offered by Whole Foods and explore exhibits of sculpture, jewelry, and more in front of the store. Art will be on display 7-10 pm.
ART ON DISPLAY:
- Tracey Filar Atwood exhibits beaded jewelry items – each piece is a unique expression of both the artist and the wearer.
- Scott Hunter uses papier mâché and other mixed media to create unique sculptural pieces that are vibrant and mysterious, tickle the funny bone, and spark the mind
- Anne Bouie creates organic sculpture from botanicals and found objects
- Olga DeNogga presents larger than life sculptures in bold colors and natural forms
FOOD AND BEVERAGE:
Wine tasting courtesy of Whole Foods Market. Purchase Art of the Drink wristbands at the Welcome Center to enjoy.
- 7:30 pm JTR Jujutsu exhibition of empty-hand self-defense tactics with simulated sparing
- 8:30 pm Be amazed by Street Light Circus’ juggling and hand-balancing
- 9:45 pm Glade Dance Collective presents a new work that explores displacement and replacement through movement. Inspired by the shifting uses of Tenleytown’s land by different groups of residents and businesses, dancers both confront and cooperate with one another.