Father’s Day is June 19, and there’s plenty of time to show Dad your love with a gift from your favorite Tenleytown businesses. Whether your dad is a weekend warrior, outdoor adventurer, music lover, or foodie, our local shops have just what he wants. Check out our guide below for where to find the perfect gift for:
- Sport and fitness enthusiasts
- Music lovers
- Weekend warriors
- The sentimental
- The style conscious
- Food and cocktail aficionados
The Gift of Everything for Everyone: Don’t forget – Tenley Bucks are a great way to take the guessing out of gifting while supporting local businesses. These digital gift cards can be redeemed at more than two dozen Tenleytown restaurants, spas, shops, and more! Tenley Bucks are perfect for kids who’ve left the nest but want to make sure dad feels the love this Father’s Day. Click here to purchase Tenley Bucks and view a list of businesses that accept them.
For sport and fitness enthusiasts …
Challenge dad to a match on the courts with gear from Tennis Zone Plus, like rackets, shoes, balls, and bags. ElectriCityBikes has the cyclist in your life covered with bikes, accessories, clothing, and more.
For the adventurers, why not try out scuba diving with National Diving Center where dad can book classes, buy gear, and get certified. A class pass or gift certificate to a local gym also makes a great gift. Yoga, circuit, Pilates, and more – Tenleytown studios offer it all.
Dad can enter recovery mode with a deep tissue massage from The Body Mechanix or a relaxing massage or total body stretch session at Massage Envy.
- The Body Mechanix, 4000 Albemarle Street
- Club Pilates, 4433 Wisconsin Avenue
- ElectriCityBikes, 4800 Wisconsin Avenue
- Haute Bodhi, 4908 Wisconsin Avenue
- Well & Wonder, 4926 Wisconsin Avenue 2nd Floor
- CorePower Yoga, 4600 Wisconsin Ave Suite 100
- Massage Envy, 4926 Wisconsin Avenue
- National Diving Center, 4932 Wisconsin Avenue
- Orangetheory Fitness, 4600 Wisconsin Avenue
- Tennis Zone Plus, 4839 Wisconsin Avenue
- Sport & Health, 4001 Brandywine St
- Washington Yoga Center, 4433 1/2 Wisconsin Ave
Find a full list of Tenleytown fitness studios here
For music lovers …
We know your dad rocks, but if he also likes to rock, Middle C Music has a great selection of music-themed gifts, musical accessories, instruments, sheet music, books, recordings, and more. And if you aren’t a music expert yourself, their knowledgeable staff can guide you to the right gift.
- Middle C Music, 4530 Wisconsin Avenue
For the weekend warrior …
From tools to electrical and plumbing supplies to hardware, Tenleytown Ace Hardware has everything for the do-it-yourselfer. The friendly staff can help you pick out the right equipment whether your dad is a novice or experienced weekend warrior. If your father prefers grilling out to fixing things up, Ace has you covered there, too. Shop their selection of grills and grill accessories. Make the gift complete with a card that says it all from Ace or The UPS Store. From funny to heartfelt, you can find just the right sentiment you’re looking for.
For the sentimental …
Tenleytown’s art framing establishments can preserve your treasured photographs and special mementos. Whether it’s a picture of you and your father, kids’ artwork, or a reminder of a trip you took as a family, a custom-framed piece makes a heartwarming gift.
Enjoy the gallery Formerly Was while shopping at ArtFolio Art Studio & Framing and make it an experience to enjoy with dad.
- ArtFolio Art Studio & Framing, 4936 Wisconsin Avenue
- Framers’ Workroom, 4431 Wisconsin Avenue
- The Framing Shop, 4500 Wisconsin Avenue
- Picasso Gallery, 4707 Wisconsin Avenue
- Preservation and Framing Services, 4901 Wisconsin Avenue
For the style conscious…
If dad needs a fresh summer cut, an appointment at one of Tenleytown’s local barber shops or salons makes a cool gift! Enjoy a trim from legacy businesses Diane Barber Shop, formerly known as Camillo’s, or Minsky’s Hair Emporium, celebrating 40 years this June. Or try out the relatively new, but already beloved, Tenleytown Barbershop.
- Diane’s Barber Shop, 3921 Windom Place
- Minsky’s Hair Emporium, 4801 Wisconsin Avenue
- T Salon, 4701 Wisconsin Avenue
- Tenleytown Barbershop, 4627 41st Street
For food and cocktail aficionados …
Did you know that Tenleytown has 35+ restaurants, ranging from casual to full-service? With many cuisines – from French to Italian to Indian – at many price points, it’s easy to find a perfect option any time of day. Reserve a spot indoors or on an outdoor patio, order for carry-out, or have it delivered.
- Café of India, 4909 Wisconsin Avenue
- Guapo’s Restaurant, 4515 Wisconsin Avenue
- Le Chat Noir, 4907 Wisconsin Avenue
- Le Petit Versailles, 4619 41st Street
- Masala Art, 4441 Wisconsin Avenue
- Matisse, 4934 Wisconsin Avenue
- Satay Club, 4654 Wisconsin Avenue
- Surfside, 4200 Wisconsin Avenue
- Tartufo, 4910 Wisconsin Avenue
- Yosaku Japanese Restaurant, 4712 Wisconsin Avenue
- Plus find more Tenleytown restaurants here.
Toast dad with a special bottle of wine, craft beer, or a bottle of his favorite Cognac or brandy. The wine shops of Tenleytown can expertly suggest the best beverage to enjoy on its own or to compliment your Father’s Day meal. The recently opened Verified Wines & Fine Spirits has a wide array of local spirits and unique finds for dad to enjoy.
- Tenley Liquor, 4525 Wisconsin Avenue
- Tenley Market, 4326 Wisconsin Avenue
- Verified Wines & Fine Spirits, 4906 Wisconsin Avenue
Have a favorite Tenleytown shop or restaurant for Father’s Day that we missed? Know of a great special offer just for dad? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.