The BOLD Center, 4000 Chesapeake St.
Sponsored by Keller Williams Capital Properties
The BOLD Center offers an enticing, eclectic stage for visual and performing arts. Paintings, photography, and digital art create a dynamic exhibit filling the BOLD Center’s extended gallery hall. The intimately lit performance lounge offers cozy tables from which to enjoy live music and dance performances. And don’t miss special drink offerings at this location. Just follow the life-sized illuminated sheep, on loan from the iSheep exhibit just back from Burning Man, that will guide you to the steps of the BOLD Center.
ART ON DISPLAY:
- Faculty members from Photoworks at Glen Echo Park display photographs that combine technical experimentation with artistic vision
- Jaime Jazell exhibits portraiture and fine art photographs
- Terry Pellmar showcases digital art and mixed media
- Ravi Raman’s paintings reflect inspirations from the world around him, ranging from music to literature to places he has traveled to people he meets
- Lyubomira Buresch is an expressionist artist who uses contemporary visual language to map a recognizable emotional geography in her paintings
- Artists Pauline Rakis and Kathryn Carmicia present oil and acrylic paintings highlighting intuitive elements, states of mind, and abstract landscapes
- Veyron Pax explores topics of immigration and identity politics through the digital manipulation of photography and video, where reality becomes distorted through an imagined and idealized lens
- Life-sized, illuminated, interactive sheep sculptures from the iSheep exhibit – just back from Burning Man – on loan from Bardia Saeedi
- Additional works by Ken Martin and Jacqueline Ravelomanana
FOOD AND BEVERAGE:
Cocktails from ultra-premium EFFEN Vodka. Purchase Art of the Drink wristbands at the Welcome Center to enjoy.
- 7:30-11:30 pm live music by Jazz Quartet