Tenleytown Main Street offers small business grants to help businesses improve the overall visual appeal of their storefronts, the customer experience, and the health and safety of the business. Since TMS began issuing grants in 2016, we have provided more than $116,000 in funding for Tenleytown businesses.
Businesses within the TMS commercial district are eligible to apply for small business grants, up to $7,500 per business annually, for the following:
• Façade and storefront improvements, including repair or replacement of glass, woodwork, masonry, or other façade components
• Repair or installation of a canvas awning
• Signage, including signs, mounting brackets and other hardware, and/or window lettering
• Exterior lighting for business signs or that is integral to the façade of the commercial building
• Exterior or interior painting
• Interior improvements, including repairs to brickwork, plaster, tiles, and/or HVAC
Other interior and exterior improvements may be considered on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of Tenleytown Main Street, its board of directors, and design committee. All designs are subject to review by TMS and its design committee for eligibility.
Deadline for Submission
Applications for the current grant year will be accepted starting November 1, 2019 and considered on a rolling basis. Click the link under Additional Information on this page for a full grant and application package.
Awards are based on the availability of funds. All applications must be received no later than August 1, 2020; however, businesses are strongly encouraged to apply earlier.
Businesses interested in learning more about the grant program or with questions about how to make storefront or other business improvements may contact Tenleytown Main Street at 202-362-1815 or email@example.com.
Tenleytown Main Street is an officially recognized DC Main Streets Program and is funded in part by the Department of Small and Local Business Development.