A Road Map for the Future
Tenleytown’s Main Street district will be a thriving, walkable and friendly neighborhood center, retaining its small town feel with up-to- date urban amenities. As a welcoming hub of community life, Main Street will nurture a vibrant local economy and culture that can only be found at our own “top of the town”.
WE ENVISION A PLACE WHERE:
- Locally owned and locally serving businesses – from American Valet and Middle C Music, to Ace Hardware and Whole Foods – make our neighborhood high quality, convenient and unique.
- Neighborhood institutions and amenities – from the Library and Metro, to Friendship House and Fort Reno – anchor our neighborhood identity and quality of life.
- Everyone who calls Tenleytown home – from multi-generational residents and academic populations, to daytime office workers and entrepreneurs – is welcomed and served.
- Community identity and image – from quirky strip to a vibe that’s fresh and lively – instills pride in all who work, live and visit our neighborhood center.
- Something is always happening – from outdoor markets and fairs, to cultural events and entertainment – that taps the rich array of people, institutions, and offerings that is unique to Tenleytown.
WE BELIEVE IN A MAIN STREET THAT:
- Brings the community together, values the arts, and is ecologically and environmentally at the forefront of urban design.
- Prioritizes small, local and unique enterprise, events, and programs.
- Engages a wide variety of residents, students, professionals and visitors in community-building projects that create unity and a pathway to leadership and opportunity.