Femme Fatale DC, 4620 Wisconsin Ave
Sponsored by Living By Design and by Preservation and Framing Services
Art collective Femme Fatale DC celebrates Art All Night with 8,000 sq. ft. of dance performances, music, exhibits, and even a retail shop. Plus sample signature cocktails from DC mixologists.
Visit the art lounge and patio for live music from Tenleytown favorite Cheaper Than Therapy. View an outdoor exhibit by Calvin Custen, whose altar pieces carry subliminal social statements while window vignettes invite viewers not to look through but within. Step inside to enjoy artwork by Pamela Gordimer and Elissa Poma, including vibrant portrayals of the natural world and DC cityscapes. And don’t forget to enjoy a cocktail while you’re there.
At Femme Fatale’s central exhibit space, take in works by women artists of all ages who explore abstraction, the beauty of the human form, and more. Art by Laura Aikman, Leslie Goldman, Rose Mosner, Jour’dan Haynes, and Leslie Saunders. Also, Mohini Malhotra presents curated paintings by contemporary women artists from emerging countries.
Last, but not least, Femme Fatale DC opens its retail shop so you can bring a little art home with you. Shop jewelry, artwork, textiles, and more from dozens of local women entrepreneurs. Enjoy performances by Sahara Dance, Taal Academy of Dance, and Flamenco con Magdalena while you shop – and then show off your own moves as a DJ keeps the party going until late! Plus Carol Morgan and Renee Comet exhibit their work, alongside artists from Femme Fatale DC, for Art All Night.
ART ON DISPLAY:
- Laura Aikman exhibits a series of stylized, colorful paintings of trees
- Artisia Burton presents her signature abstract, mixed media 3D dress form art pieces, canvas abstract series, and upcycled painted furniture
- Renee Comet presents beautiful – and usable – textile art
- Calvin Custen presents mixed media, illuminated sculptural installations
- Leslie Goldman exhibits works in ink and oils, as well as limited edition prints
- Pamela Gordimer exhibits vibrant paintings, varying from realistic to surrealistic, portraying the natural world
- Jour’dan Haynes shows photography and paintings
- Shyama Kuver of Heart Over Crown depicts the world of the soul in paint, graphite, ink, and pixels to reflect the diverse and conflicting realities of the mind and spirit
- Mohini Malhotra presents curated paintings by contemporary women artists from emerging countries
- Haley McKey makes art inspired by nature, mythology, and the female figure
- Carol Morgan explores the human form through her artwork
- Rose Mosner favors bold colors in abstract forms
- Brianna Pippens presents mixed media artwork that explores the nuanced beauty and eccentricity of women
- Elissa Poma’s watercolor and ink cityscapes feature DC neighborhoods, including Tenleytown
- Sarah Renzi Sanders creates energetic cosmic paintings with experimental mixed media. Prints of early work available.
- Leslie Saunders presents photographic abstractions
- Julie Sheah is an illustrator and book artist whose work often depicts humorous and absurd imagery and text
- Heather Sulton exhibits paintings with soft lines, mixed media, and a whimsical, eclectic energy
- Monica Vercillo uses vibrant color and detailed patterns in her paintings, creating unique pieces that embrace texture and explore symmetry
- Danon Walton features her bright, bold mixed media artwork
FOOD AND BEVERAGE:
Cocktails presented by local mixologists and Blue Coat Gin in the retail shop. Wine and sparkling wine offered by Bin 1301 Wine Bar, Miolo Wine Group, and Human Brands in the art lounge. Purchase Art of the Drink wristbands at the Welcome Center to enjoy.
- 7:30-8:10 pm Taal Academy of Dance, Tenleytown-based Indian dance company, will perform Bollywood, folk, and classical dances (retail shop)
- 8:00-10:00 pm Cheaper Than Therapy rocks out on the patio (art lounge)
- 8:20-8:50 pm Flamenco Dancing by la Magdalena (retail shop)
- 9:00-9:50 pm Belly dancing with Sahara Dance (retail shop)
- 10:00-midnight DJ Teddy Beats brings the music, you bring your dance moves (retail shop) & DJ G-Rock spins worldly beats in the art lounge
- 10:15 pm Be amazed by Street Light Circus’ juggler and hand-balancer as they perform against a multimedia backdrop of images of their urban circus