Happy Mother’s Day, Tenleytown! Wondering what you can give the mom who deserves the world this Mother’s Day? Tenleytown Main Street’s shops and restaurants have a few ideas. Here’s your guide to gifts, experiences, and celebratory meals.
Why Choose Just One Gift?
Take the guessing out of gifting with Tenley Bucks. These digital gift cards can be redeemed at more than two dozen Tenleytown restaurants, spas, shops, and more! Support Tenleytown businesses while showing mom how much you love her. Tenley Bucks are perfect for kids who’ve left the nest but want to make sure mom feels spoiled. See the list of businesses that accept Tenley Bucks and how to purchase them here.
Balloons, Bouquets & Botanicals
Make mom’s day with a special surprise like a balloon sculpture or balloon bouquet from Balloon Zoom. Get your special balloon creation delivered for free in Tenleytown.
Tenleytown Ace Hardware has an assortment of houseplants that will make any green thumb smile. Their potting service is 20% off through Mother’s Day; stop by and pick out a plant and pot and they’ll provide the rest. Pair your creative gift with a card for mom from Ace or The UPS Store. From funny to heartfelt, you can find just the right sentiment you’re looking for.
The galleries and studios in Tenleytown showcase a wide array of artwork for purchase, perfect for the mother with a discerning eye. Or you can preserve family memories and put them on display with custom framing from Framers’ Workroom, which is offering a 10% discount on custom framing, or Preservation & Framing Services. In addition to their framing services, ArtFolio Art Studio & Framing offers private parties; plan something for mom and paint together to create memories that last. If your mother prefers textiles to wall décor, oriental rugs from David Zahirpour Oriental Rugs are also a great choice.
Spring is the perfect time for getting back to active hobbies. ElectriCityBikes’ experts can set mom up with a bike and bike accessories for all her cycling needs and lifestyle. Up your game and stop into Tennis Zone Plus for an equipment upgrade that will have mom ready to hit the courts this spring.
Confetti Cafe, in addition to coffee and treats, features a curated retail section with locally made products. Find a cute card, home décor, accessories, or a new cocktail mixer to celebrate mom this year.
And for those mothers who love their fur babies almost as much as their kids, PetMAC has treats, pet toys, accessories, grooming products, pet beds and climbing trees, and even doggy apparel.
- ArtFolio Art Studio & Framing, 4936 Wisconsin Ave NW Ste 1
- Confetti Cafe, 4545 42nd Street NW, #109
- David Zahirpour Oriental Rugs, 4922 Wisconsin Ave NW
- ElectriCityBikes, 4800 Wisconsin Ave NW
- Framers’ Workroom, 4431 Wisconsin Ave NW
- PetMAC, 4919 Wisconsin Ave
- Picasso Gallery, 4707 Wisconsin Ave NW
- Preservation & Framing Services, 4901 Wisconsin Ave NW
- Tennis Zone Plus, 4839 Wisconsin Ave
Mother’s Day Brunch
Mother’s Day and DC have one important thing in common—they were both made for brunch! Guapo’s offers a brand-new brunch menu with classic options and Mexican favorites, perfectly paired with the cocktails you know and love. Perhaps add a French flare with a brunch reservation at Matisse, offering a special, four course Mother’s Day menu, or visit Le Chat Noir for a two-course meal and a glass of champagne or a mimosa for only $49. Looking for something more casual? Enjoy classic dishes on the new Steak-n-Egg patio perfect for that spring sunshine. And if mom is more inclined to lunch than brunch, join Masala Art for a special Mother’s Day lunch featuring the finest Indian cuisine.
- Guapo’s Restaurant, 4515 Wisconsin Ave
- Le Chat Noir, 4907 Wisconsin Ave
- Masala Art, 4441 Wisconsin Ave
- Matisse, 4934 Wisconsin Ave
- Steak-n-Egg, 4700 Wisconsin Ave
- Find even more restaurants – Tenleytown has more than 35! – in our online dining directory here
Sweets & Libations
Grab a treat for you and mom at one of Tenleytown’s wonderful cafés. Confetti Café offers custom goodies when you order ahead and a wonderful selection of cookies and baked goods in store. Grab a coffee or hand-crafted beverage with the entire family in the perfectly kid-friendly environment Confetti has created. You can also show your love with a latte from Coffee Nature and their new selection of artisan desserts. Enjoy your drink with their patio seating or nearby at Fessenden Park.
Celebrate mom with a special bottle of champagne, red, white, or rosé! The wine shops of Tenleytown can expertly suggest the best beverage to enjoy on its own or to compliment your Mother’s Day meal. Looking for something a bit less traditional? Surfside has a large selection of hand-crafted, specialty cocktails for takeout or delivery!
- Coffee Nature, 4224 Fessenden Street NW
- Confetti Cafe, 4545 42nd Street NW, #109
- Surfside, 4200 Wisconsin Ave
- Tenley Liquor, 4525 Wisconsin Ave
- Tenley Market, 4326 Wisconsin Ave
- Verified Wines & Fine Spirits, 4906 Wisconsin Ave
Classes & Experiences
Gift mom a class at one of the many local fitness studios like Washington Yoga Center, Club Pilates, or Well & Wonder, or introduce her to martial arts at JTR Jujutsu International or Yong Studios. You can also get her set up with lessons in scuba diving at the National Diving Center. They are a one-stop-shop for all things diving, including certifications and trips!
Maybe dancing is more mom’s speed. If so, Sahara Dance offers belly dancing lessons at all levels. For the musically inclined, bring mom to Middle C Music for lessons or to buy an instrument; DC’s only full-service music store will get her equipped with everything she needs.
- Club Pilates, 4433 Wisconsin Ave
- CorePower Yoga, 4600 Wisconsin Ave Suite 100
- Haute Bodhi, 4908 Wisconsin Ave
- JTR Jujutsu, 4429 Wisconsin Ave
- Middle C Music, 4530 Wisconsin Ave
- National Diving Center, 4932 Wisconsin Ave
- Orangetheory Fitness, 4600 Wisconsin Ave
- Sahara Dance, 4433 Wisconsin Ave
- Sport & Health, 4001 Brandywine St
- Washington Yoga Center, 4433 1/2 Wisconsin Ave
- Well & Wonder, 4926 Wisconsin Ave
- Yong Studios, 4445 Wisconsin Ave
Pampering & Self Care
Help mom remember she deserves to be cared for, too, at Tenleytown’s wonderful salons. Treat her to a massage, facial, a mani/pedi, or an appointment to refresh her ‘do. Make it a day of self-care spent together or send mom for a day to herself. Whatever you choose, our local salons are sure to make her smile.
- Bare Hair Studio, 4545 42nd St NW #107
- Massage Envy, 4926 Wisconsin Ave
- Mia’s Nails, 4936 Wisconsin Ave
- Solar Nail & Waxing, 4425 Wisconsin Ave
- T Salon, 4701 Wisconsin Ave
- Tenley Nails, 3919 Windom Place
Have a favorite Tenleytown shop or restaurant for Mother’s Day that we missed? Know of a great offer just for mom? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.