Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 9. While current times may make your usual celebrations a bit more challenging, Tenleytown Main Street businesses are here to help. We’ve put together a guide to gifts, experiences, and celebratory meals that you and mom can enjoy this Mother’s Day.
Balloons, Cards, & Plants
Balloon Zoom creates gorgeous balloon sculpture, bouquets, and bespoke balloons perfect for Mother’s Day – or any day! Their no-contact balloons are a safe way to send love to mom, and Balloon Zoom will even arrange to pick up the balloons and supports when she’s done enjoying them. As always, there is no charge for delivery in Tenleytown.
One can never go wrong with a card on Mother’s Day. From funny to heartfelt, you can find just the right sentiment at locally-owned businesses like The UPS Store and Tenleytown Ace Hardware in their card sections. Ace also has a selection of Made in DC products that would make perfect gifts.
If flowers are more your mom’s love language, Ace Hardware also has a selection of potted orchids and decorative house plants that will bring joy for many weeks to come, with a unique selection of sizes, colors, and varieties. Stop by in-person to see their selections.
For art and home décor loving moms, Tenleytown’s galleries and framing studios offer a wide selection of artwork for purchase. You can also bring a special photograph or sentimental memento for a custom, framed gift. Or create your own Mother’s Day masterpiece with Sullivan’s Toys & Art Supplies‘ extensive selection of art and crafting materials.
For those mothers who love their fur babies almost as much as their kids, PetMAC has treats, pet toys, accessories, grooming products, pet beds and climbing trees, and even doggy apparel.
Or maybe your mom loves exploring DC streets and trails by bike. City Bikes has all the accessories or bicycle gear she might want. You can browse online from the comfort of your home before you purchase.
- ArtFolio Art Studio & Framing, 4936 Wisconsin Avenue
- City Bikes, 4810 Wisconsin Ave.
- Framers’ Workroom, 4431 Wisconsin Avenue
- PetMAC, 4919 Wisconsin Ave.
- Picasso Gallery, 4707 Wisconsin Avenue
- Preservation and Framing Services, 4901 Wisconsin Avenue
- Sullivan’s Toys & Art Supplies, 4200 Wisconsin Avenue
- Tenleytown Ace Hardware, 4500 Wisconsin Ave.
- The Framing Shop, 4500 Wisconsin Avenue
Classes & Experiences
For the mom who likes to learn something new, our businesses offer a terrific selection of online classes, and a few have returned to small in-person groups or private training experiences. Gift mom yoga, Pilates, meditation, dance, or another fitness experience from one of Tenleytown’s many studios. Or maybe she’s been wanting to learn a new instrument. Middle C Music has you covered there, and they have great musical gifts to pick out in-store or have delivered directly to mom.
- Center for Mindful Living, 4708 Wisconsin Ave.
- CityDance POP!, 4435 Wisconsin Ave.
- Club Pilates, 4433 Wisconsin Ave.
- Haute Bodhi, 4908 Wisconsin Ave.
- Orangetheory Fitness, 4600 Wisconsin Ave.
- Middle C Music, 4530 Wisconsin Ave.
Pampering & Self Care
Treat mom to a massage, a facial, a mani/pedi, or an appointment to refresh her ‘do at one of Tenleytown’s local salons. Our salons and spas follow strict safety protocols, resulting in fewer customers at a time for a safe experience for mom. Now that’s what we call pampering!
- Massage Envy, 4926 Wisconsin Avenue
- Mia’s Nails, 4936 Wisconsin Avenue
- Solar Nail & Waxing, 4425 Wisconsin Avenue
- The Body Mechanix, 4000 Albemarle St.
- T Salon, 4701 Wisconsin Avenue
- Tenley Nails, 3919 Windom Place
Mother’s Day Dining & Libations
Did you know that Tenleytown has 35+ restaurants, ranging from casual to full-service? With many cuisines – from French to Italian to Indian – and at many price points, it’s easy to find a perfect option to celebrate mom. Order for carry-out or have it delivered, and don’t forget to include a nice bottle of wine or batched cocktail. Find delivery options here and a complete list of Tenleytown restaurants here.
Celebrate mom with a special bottle of champagne, red, white, or rosé! The wine shops of Tenleytown can expertly suggest the best beverage to enjoy on its own or to compliment your Mother’s Day meal. Looking for something a bit less traditional? Surfside has a large selection of hand-crafted, specialty cocktails for takeout or delivery!
- Surfside, 4200 Wisconsin Avenue
- Tenley Liquor, 4525 Wisconsin Avenue
- Tenley Market, 4326 Wisconsin Avenue
Why not start the day by taking mom out for a specialty craft-brewed coffee, iced latte or spicy chai from local shops Confetti Café, Bourbon Coffee, or Coffee Nature. It’s the perfect outing for the whole family! For those who like a little less caffeine in their treats, all three shops also offer an array of freshly baked sweets and snacks. Confetti Café will even create custom cookies for the occasion; place your order here.
- Bourbon Coffee, 4200 Wisconsin Avenue
- Coffee Nature, 4224 Fessenden Street
- Confetti Café, 4545 42nd Street
Tenley Bucks Community Gift Card
Still not sure what to get mom this Mother’s Day? Why not give her the gift of everything! Tenley Bucks are accepted at more than 20 local businesses. This way, mom can decide if she’d like to treat herself to some pampering at a local spa, dinner and drinks on the town (or at home), or even shop for new artwork.
- Find a list of businesses that accept Tenley Bucks here
- Purchase a Tenley Bucks gift card for mom (and yourself!) here
Have a favorite Tenleytown shop or restaurant for Mother’s Day that we missed? Know of a great special offer just for mom? Let us know at email@example.com.