On September 7, Tenleytown welcomed thousands of students, faculty, and staff back to neighborhood schools with weekly discounts at select local businesses. Organized by Tenleytown Main Street, the “Tenley Tuesday” promotion recognizes Tenleytown’s extensive educational community, ranging from pre-school through law school. Students, faculty, administrators, and other school staff simply show a current school ID, or for students a DC One Card, to take advantage of participating businesses’ promotions every Tuesday.
“After a year of virtual learning, we are excited to welcome students, educators, and school staff back to our shared community,” said Leigh Catherine Miles, Executive Director of Tenleytown Main Street. “We hope the Tenley Tuesday program makes them feel welcome in our business district and encourages them to enjoy the many shops, restaurants, and other businesses Tenleytown has to offer.”
Currently available promotions include:
- American Valet, 4519 Wisconsin Ave.: 15% discount on dry cleaning
- Bandit Taco, 4629 41st: 10% discount on purchase (cannot be combined with other offers)
- Byrdsmiles Orthodontics, 4110 River Rd.: Complimentary consultation & digital visualization
- Chick-fil-A, 4505 Wisconsin Ave.: Free large fries with any entrée purchase
- Club Pilates, 4433 Wisconsin Ave.: 25% off a single class pass
- Le Chat Noir, 4907 Wisconsin Ave.: Free glass of red or white Languedoc or rose de Provence with meal. One per person. Must be 21 or older. (cannot be combined with other offers)
- Nando’s PERi-PERi, 4231 Wisconsin Ave.: 20% discount
- PetMAC, 4914 Wisconsin Ave.: 10% discount on purchase
- Pizza Boli’s, 4903 Wisconsin Ave.: 25% discount on carry-out purchases
- Robeks, 4523 Wisconsin Ave.: 20% off total in store purchase (gift cards excluded)
Tenleytown Main Street expects more businesses will join the program throughout the semester. For an up-to-date list of Tenley Tuesday offers, visit the Tenleytown Main Street website or download the free Tenleytown Main Street mobile app (available on Google Play and in the App Store). The app includes a searchable business directory, calendar of local events, and listing of area merchant specials.
The Tenley Tuesday program, which began in 2018, will run through December 22, 2021.